Each Shabbat The Yoga Minyan will feature a focused Jewish theme introduced in the opening meditation, continued throughout the class, and culminating in the closing meditation. The theme will be announced the previous week.
What to know before you go:
- Class is open to all levels and the teacher will offer varying options allowing the class to be modified to meet each individual’s needs allowing for a gentle stretch to a more invigorating work-out, and anything in between.
- Please try to arrive a few minutes prior to the scheduled start.
- Feel free to bring a yoga mat or use one of the mats available at CSH.
- Consider bringing water.
- It is suggested you practice yoga on a empty stomach.
- Wear comfortable clothing; yoga is usually done barefoot.
- Be respectful of your instructors and fellow students by arriving on time for class.
- If you arrive late, please enter as quietly as possible. If you need to leave at anytime, please also do so quietly.
- Please turn off all cell phones and pagers before entering the classroom.
- Be mindful of your neighbor’s space; however, please understand in a full class it is possible, and frequent in yoga classes, that mats are nearly touching.
- Consider finding a place close to the instructor if you have difficulty hearing or seeing.
- Please inform the teacher if you have any injuries, illnesses or are pregnant.
- Have fun and ask questions before or after class! The teachers encourage and enjoy ensuring the yoga class is enjoyable, invigorating, and deepening in whatever way you are comfortable with.