We are excited that you are considering becoming a member of Congregation Shirat Hayam (CSH). Our goal is that every encounter with our congregation will leave you feeling welcomed, connected, and enriched. Our hope is that together, we will deepen our connection to Jewish wisdom, find new and meaningful ways to build our Jewish practices, and strengthen our involvement in our community. As you review the information, we encourage you to contact us. Membership is a relationship, not a form. Additionally, we have a team of volunteers to help you explore what Congregation Shirat Hayam can offer.
How Does Membership at Shirat Hayam Work?
Our voluntary dues membership model, called T’rumot HaLev (“Gift of the Heart”), reflects our core beliefs and commitment. The prophet Isaiah commands us to “clear a path and remove all obstacles from the road of my people” and that is what we have done. We know that every family, every individual member has unique needs and resources. Our membership requirements are structured to recognize these differences and include everyone. T’rumot HaLev allows our members to reflect on and quantify the value that Shirat Hayam brings to them, and to let their hearts set their financial contribution to their congregation.
What's Included with Membership?
With your T’rumot HaLev membership contribution, you will receive the benefits of membership at Shirat Hayam, including:
- High Holy Day seats for member adult/s and children under 26 or on Social Security DI
- CJE (Hebrew school) enrollment and teen programming
- Clergy officiation at bris/baby naming, wedding, and funeral services
- Clergy counseling and well/sick visits
- See Member Benefits for full details
How to Apply for Membership
To apply, either
- click the Join Now button at the top of the page.
- Print and complete the new membership forms below
- Email CSH@ShiratHayam.org to request hard copies to be mailed to you.
- You can also meet with a staff member to talk about membership. Email Barri@ShiratHayam.org
- If you were a previous member of Shirat Hayam within the last 10 years (or have attended events or made a donation to Shirat Hayam), please call or email us first. You probably already have an account in our database. We’d love to welcome you back!
You will be able to enroll your child(ren) in our Center for Jewish Education (CJE) once we receive your completed membership forms. Please visit the CJE page for more information.