Uniting Body, Mind, and Heart with Spirit
The CSH Yoga Minyan strives to integrate Jewish wisdom with asana and vinyasa yoga (yoga postures and flowing movements). Through Jewish yoga we seek to become one (Echad) with God through breath, movement, meditation, and body prayer.
Components of the Class:
Each Shabbat The Yoga Minyan will feature a focused Jewish theme introduced in the opening meditation, continued throughout the class, and culminating in the closing meditation. The theme will be announced the previous week.
What to know before you go:
- Class is open to all levels and the teacher will offer varying options allowing the class to be modified to meet each individual's needs allowing for a gentle stretch to a more invigorating work-out, and anything in between.
- Please try to arrive a few minutes prior to the scheduled start.
- Feel free to bring a yoga mat or use one of the mats available at CSH.
- Consider bringing water.
- It is suggested you practice yoga on a empty stomach.
- Wear comfortable clothing; yoga is usually done barefoot.
- Be respectful of your instructors and fellow students by arriving on time for class.
- If you arrive late, please enter as quietly as possible. If you need to leave at anytime, please also do so quietly.
- Please turn off all cell phones and pagers before entering the classroom.
- Be mindful of your neighbor's space; however, please understand in a full class it is possible, and frequent in yoga classes, that mats are nearly touching.
- Consider finding a place close to the instructor if you have difficulty hearing or seeing.
- Please inform the teacher if you have any injuries, illnesses or are pregnant.
- Have fun and ask questions before or after class! The teachers encourage and enjoy ensuring the yoga class is enjoyable, invigorating, and deepening in whatever way you are comfortable with.
Yoga Mailing List:
Click here to join our mailing list and receive updates on weekly classes and the theme for our Shabbat session.
Yoga Minyan Music Set Lists:
Many of you have asked about the music used during our minyans. Below are the setlists of music we currently use.
Set List 1
|Fourth Chakra||Sophia||Chakra Healing Chants|
|Integration||Sophia||Chakra Healing Chants|
|V'Taher||Temple - Danya Uriel and Eyal Rivlin||Coming Home|
|In Gaia's Playground||Avishai||Ark Of Dreams|
|Second Chakra||Sophia||Chakra Healing Chants|
|Invocation||Holly Shere||Wild Earth Shebrew|
Set List 2
|Deep See Dance||Avishai||Ark Of Dreams|
|Sweet Water||Lee Moore||Rava D'Ravin|
|Dodi Li||YofiYah||Kabbalah Kirtan|
|Shalom||Temple - Danya Uriel and Eyal Rivlin||Coming Home|
|Spring Of Life||Avishai||Ark Of Dreams|
|L'Chah Dodi||Temple - Danya Uriel and Eyal Rivlin||Coming Home|
|Hamakom Hazeh||YofiYah||Kabbalah Kirtan|
Set List 3
|May the Words||Lee Moore||Rava D'Ravin|
|Elohai Neshama||Shawn Zevit||Morning I Will Seek You|
|Nishmat||Holly Shere||Wild Earth Shebrew|
|Four Worlds Chant||Holly Shere||Wild Earth Shebrew|
|Salaam||Elana Jagoda||Zum Gali Gali|
|Taste of Love||Temple - Danya Uriel and Eyal Rivlin||Coming Home|
|Mah Yakar||Shoshana and David Cooper||Songs of Prayer and Silence|
Set List 4
|Pure Heart (Lev Tahor)||Bayit Chadash and Din Din Aviv||Spirit Israel|
|Peace Onto You (Shalom Alecheim)||Bayit Chadash and Carioca Freitas||Spirit Israel|
|Heart's Awake||Lee Moore||Rava D'Ravin|
|Ladino Song||Oi Va Voi||Laughter Through Tears|
|Grateful (Modeh)||Bayit Chadash||Spirit Israel|
|Od Yeshoma||Oi Va Voi||Laughter Through Tears|
|Shalom||Jai Uttal and the Pagan Love Orchestra||Mondo Rama|
|To His Garden||Lee Moore||Rava D'Ravin|
|Evening Prayer||Bayit Chadash||Spirit Israel|
|Long Time Sun||Snatam Kaur||Grace|
|So Much Magnificence||Miten and Premal||Songs For The Inner Lover|
|Salaam||Elana Jagoda||Zum Gali Gali|
Set List 5
|Coming Home||Todd Herzog||Bridging The Gap|
|Creating the Sea||Nava Tehila||Dancing Into Glory|
|HaTov||Neshama Carlbach||When Do We Eat? (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)|
|I Am||Guru Singh||A Game of Chants|
|Pray for Peace of Jerusalem||Sababa||Pray for the Peace|
|After All||Todd Herzog||Proverbs|
|Am I Awake||Noah Aronson||Am I Awake|
|L'chi Lach||Debbie Friedman||And You Shall Be A Blessing|
|Oseh Shalom||Rick Recht||Simply Shabbat|
|New Beginnings||Craig Taubman||How Good|
|So Much Magnificence||Deva Premal||Songs for the Inner Lover|
|Melech Rachaman||Neshama Carlbach||Dancing With My Soul|
|Receiving the Word||Nava Tehila||Dancing Into Glory|
|Nachamu Ami||Neshama Carlbach||Dancing With My Soul|
|Baal Hayeshuot||Neshama Carlbach||Journey|
|Long Time Sun||Snatam Kaur||Celebrate Peace|
|Heart of Mine||Marsha Attie||Heart of Mine|
|Ana El Na||Temple||Coming Home|
|Light These Lights||Debbie Friedman||Light These Lights|
|The Angels' Blessing||Debbie Friedman||Renewal of Spirit|
|God My Shield||Debbie Friedman||The Water In The Well|
|Song for Healing of the Soul||Rabbi Shawn Zevit||Heart and Soul|
|Shema Lullaby||Saul Kaye||Celebrate Jewish Lullabies|